- We have the best record in the entire Williston Basin for not hitting shale – 107 consecutive wells, and counting, with 0 shale strikes.
- Helped cut average drilling days in half, over the course of 1 ½ years.
- Our proprietary geosteering methods have proven to reveal actual subsurface structure at a high resolution; and our clear communication model keeps wellbores drilling straight and fast.
- We have assissted in the drilling of some great wells:
- The #1 and #2 producing wells in the Permian, including Delaware and Midland basins.
- The best producing well in San Juan Gallup.
- The longest in-zone lateral in Pratt Field, ND.
- The #1 and #3 producing wells in the Piceance.
- We are on the forefront of defining the rules and physics of geosteering, to maximize geosteering data potential.
- Superior team communication background and best practices.
- Modeling proven to reveal actual subsurface structure at a high resolution.
- Total Depth geosteering models identify fracture networks, fault location and throw, hidden doglegs, and more, as a rule of verifiable tool physics and measurement tactics.
- High-level data integration for operators’ mapping software, rock properties, seismic, completions, and general core analyses.
- We give operators peace of mind and consistent well quality for consistent results.
- Creation of physics mathematics proofs to increase geosteering certainty and hypothesis testing; proven by the Bakken 0 for 107 record, seismic, geochemistry, imaging logs, tool measurement theory, cuttings, concepts of physics, and well results.
- Utilizing WellDirect or StarSteer geosteering software.
Where We Have Steered
- Bakken and Three Forks
- Mississippi Lime
- DJ Niobrara
- Piceance Niobrara
- Green River
- San Juan
- WPX Energy
- Bill Barrett Corporation
- SG Interests
- Arris Petroleum Corporation
- Jagged Peak Energy
- Black Hills Corporation
- McElvain Energy, Inc.
- Inflection Energy, LLC
- Vermilion Energy
- SFC Energy Partners
- PDC Energy
- Sedalia Energy, LLC
Total Depth Geosteering
- Combined experience, over 500 wells steered in nearly every major US basin.
- Track record of overwhelming success.
- High-level consultants; former operations geologists.
- Specialize in real-time navigation, accurate subsurface modeling, and data integration.
- Members are hand-picked from Conoco Phillips, WPX, and Dominion.
- 24/7 service.
- Total Depth’s President, Jason Harms, has personally geosteered more than 300 wells across the United States, and was an Operations Geologist on the WPX Energy team that shares the best geosteering record in the Bakken. He gave the keynote address at the 2014 RMAG Geosteering Forum on “Reliable Geosteering Methods in the Middle Bakken and Three Forks.” His background in downhole tool physics drove the creation of modeling and hypothesis-testing techniques, proven by seismic, geochemistry, petrophysics, and imaging log data to increase subsurface modeling accuracy.
- Total Depth’s co-founder, Brian Harms, is a geologist (M.S.)/geochemist (PhD) with E&P experience. Brian was instrumental in starting up Dominion’s horizontal drilling program, where he planned the company’s first lateral well on land (2006, Anadarko basin) and in the Permian basin. Most of his past research has been done in conjunction with NASA. Given his background, Brian works closely with wellsite geochemists. He has geosteering experience in the Permian, Anadarko, Piceance Niobrara, Bakken and DJ Niobrara basins.
Let our Total Depth consultants help you stay in zone, while drilling faster and straighter.
We will reduce your drilling costs.